Sunday, July 4, 2010

Madera to Manteca California, Yosemite National Park


 Before leaving the Holiday Inn we had a bit of a madcap adventure movie type scenario. I asked Matt if he had the keys (meaning the car keys) and was like "Um no, I thought you did". We spent about 20 minutes searching the room for keys and then realized that he was looking for the room keys which were in my pocket and I was looking for car keys which were in his pocket.

::head desk::

We started the day with a trip to Michaels to return the sharpies that were smudging on our DIY toys. Luckily they had the new Sharpie Painter Pens, water based, which are supposed to work a lot better so we picked up a few of those and some spray paint. We haven't yet used them yet. Then we went to a Best Buy and a Camera store in search of a charger for Matt's camera (the most finicky piece of technology on this trip!). Finally, we headed out to Yosemite National Park.


I really felt a connection to Yosemite. I would like to go back someday and spend a week there being inspired and communing with nature. There were a lodge, campgrounds, a grocery store, an Ansel Adams gallery store and a small museum. You can rent bicycles, which I really wish we had been there long enough to do.


Yosemite is also one of the most beautiful places I think I've been. We went to Glacier Point first and the view was just incredible. Afterwards we went down to the valley below where most of the activity was and the scenery was just as incredible. I can't really describe it, but I absolutely loved being there.


2 comments:

  1. Ya'll should look more excited to be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure we didn't know when the person was taking the photo, we were very excited to be at Yosemite :D

    ReplyDelete