Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Frustrated and Immobile

For those who don't read the fallenpeach blog, I had an accident on Friday and now am couch stuck with a small fracture in my foot. The fact that I've been told it takes 6-8 weeks to heal is not making me happy since we had planned on leaving for our trip in about half that time. I'm still hoping this will heal faster, especially since it barely hurts unless I step down and I think the pain is less every day. ::crosses fingers::

That is one of the most frustrating things for me right now. We were just starting to really plan the trip and I'm getting excited about it. It is (was) happening at just the right time and I'm afraid that if this doesn't heal fast we won't be able to go, or that we'll have to delay it a few weeks into hotter weather. So cross your fingers for me, and I'll do my best to follow all instructions so that this gets better soon.

I am not good at being immobile. I am a very active person with a lot on my plate, so being stuck on the couch frustrates me in a huge way. I miss running errands and going on hikes and being outside, I miss being able to walk from one side of the room to the other without crutches or help.

Because I can't move around much, I'm stuck on the couch - not in my room and so I'm working from a different computer than usual (lacking a few things I might need) and I'm also in front of a TV instead of working with music (music is on the other computer). Tv is very distracting. And the desire to just relax is also very tempting. I've been running myself ragged non-stop for a long time now, so it's tempting to just sit and watch lots and lots of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and do nothing.

But I'm trying to keep myself motivated and moving in my business and my life. I'm continuing to promote, blog and job search and I plan on making some more magnets at some point this week as well. The other stuff will have to wait a little longer. Hopefully later in the week I'll have the energy to scoot butt-ways up the stairs and get a few things off my other computer. But till then, I have some things to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment