Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yakima WA to Missoula Montana

As we crossed from Washington to Idaho I was surprised to see beautiful mountains. I know, I should have known since we were in the Rockies and all, but it surprised me. When I think of Idaho I think of potatos and I think of farming and I do not think of mountains. So, it was a nice surprise.

Montana was equally beautiful and that was where we camped in our first KOA. This particular KOA was crammed so tight that our neighbors were no more than two or three feet away from us on all sides. But it was okay, it actually felt safe and comfortable for just one night. More than one night and I would probably have wanted a lot more space and privacy though.

We made a campfire and had hot dogs for dinner, using Burger King ketchup packets for condiments. They were delicious. We also bought a packet of s'mores from the campstore and those were equally, if not more, delicious. All in all it was a good night of camping.

Unfortunately,  I can't seem to find any photos from this part of the trip. I think I was driving a lot of it, I'll check with Matt for a photo later!

No comments:

Post a Comment